cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Query to identify VaultEntryID in EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.Root

Scott_B1
Level 4

Hi,

I hope someone out there can help me. I am currently trying to determine what archive some shortcuts belong to. The Enterprise Vault 8 system is no longer online & i have restored the databases to a development environment for this purpose. Based upon what I know so far i have the users default archive from the EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.ExchangeMailboxEntry, however each shortcut i have been provided has a different VaultID. The EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.ExchangeMailboxEntry does not contain any of these VaultIds, however when i search EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.Root i find each of them but i cannot identify what archive they belong to. One point of difference i have noticed when searching EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.Root is the Type of the Shortcuts is 10, where is the default archive is 9. Based upon this article http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/enterprise-vault-root-table-type-column it would seem the shortcuts belong to a Mailbox Folder.

Can anyone help me with a SQL query to identify who owns the shortcut based on the information above?

Thank you :)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ben_Watts
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Ok this should give you what you need if you only have the SQL tables to work with, make sure the EnterpriseVaultDirectory and Vault Store DBs are on the same SQL Server/Instance otherwise you will need to alter the query to suit.

Run it against you Vault Store DB which holds the TransactionIds you are interested in:-

SELECT ArchiveName
, VaultEntryId AS ArchiveID
, IDTransaction
, IDDateTime AS ItemDateTime
, ArchivedDate
FROM Saveset
INNER JOIN ArchivePoint on ArchivePoint.ArchivePointIdentity = Saveset.ArchivePointIdentity
INNER JOIN EnterpriseVaultDirectory..ArchiveView AV on AV.VaultEntryId = ArchivePoint.ArchivePointId

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ben_Watts
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Scott,

Do you actually have the Shortcuts themselves as they will hold the DefaultVaultId in them which will link up with the ArchiveView 'view'.

Or do you have the TransactionIds/SavesetIds and need to match up the Archive to the IDs?

Ben_Watts
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Ok this should give you what you need if you only have the SQL tables to work with, make sure the EnterpriseVaultDirectory and Vault Store DBs are on the same SQL Server/Instance otherwise you will need to alter the query to suit.

Run it against you Vault Store DB which holds the TransactionIds you are interested in:-

SELECT ArchiveName
, VaultEntryId AS ArchiveID
, IDTransaction
, IDDateTime AS ItemDateTime
, ArchivedDate
FROM Saveset
INNER JOIN ArchivePoint on ArchivePoint.ArchivePointIdentity = Saveset.ArchivePointIdentity
INNER JOIN EnterpriseVaultDirectory..ArchiveView AV on AV.VaultEntryId = ArchivePoint.ArchivePointId

Scott_B1
Level 4

Thank you Ben this does what i need. I had to make a couple of changes to the query as the database names had changed.