cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Script to perform FSA item location in the File Server

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi People,

Does anyone here got the SQL Script for the EV to show where are those file that was archived by EV in the file server ?

I need to restore all files that archived within a specific timerange. Unfortunately the FSA Utility cannot do it since I cannot find the parameters.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HanoBotha
Level 2
Employee

Hi John,

This script should list out all the paths for items archived between two dates:

CREATE TABLE #tmp

(

Id VARCHAR(127)

)

insert into #tmp (Id)

(

SELECT DISTINCT [ArchivePointId]

FROM [EVVSooVSoo_1].[dbo].[Saveset]

inner join

[EVVSooVSoo_1].[dbo].[ArchivePoint]

on

[EVVSooVSoo_1].[dbo].[Saveset].ArchivePointIdentity = [EVVSooVSoo_1].[dbo].[ArchivePoint].ArchivePointIdentity

where [EVVSooVSoo_1].[dbo].[Saveset].ArchivedDate > '2014-03-17 12:34:00.000' AND [EVVSooVSoo_1].[dbo].[Saveset].ArchivedDate < '2014-03-17 12:39:00.000'

)

select FolderPath from #tmp as t

inner join

[EnterpriseVaultDirectory].[dbo].[ArchiveFolderView] as AFV on t.Id =  AFV.ArchiveVEID

drop table #tmp

I use the full 'path' to my vault store so that I can get acess to the vault store database and the directory from the same query.

My test Vault Store database is: 

[EVVSooVSoo_1]

Hope it helps  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

HanoBotha
Level 2
Employee

Hi John,

CREATE TABLE #tmp

(

Id VARCHAR(127)

)

insert into #tmp (Id)

(

inner join

on

[EVVSooVSoo_1].[dbo].[Saveset].ArchivePointIdentity = [EVVSooVSoo_1].[dbo].[ArchivePoint].ArchivePointIdentity

where [EVVSooVSoo_1].[dbo].[Saveset].ArchivedDate > '2014-03-17 12:34:00.000' AND [EVVSooVSoo_1].[dbo].[Saveset].ArchivedDate < '2014-03-17 12:39:00.000'

)

inner join

[EnterpriseVaultDirectory].[dbo].[ArchiveFolderView] as AFV on t.Id =  AFV.ArchiveVEID

drop table #tmp

I use the full 'path' to my vault store so that I can get acess to the vault store database and the directory from the same query.

[EVVSooVSoo_1]

Hope it helps  

John_Santana
Level 6

Thanks man, I'll try that when I'm in the office tomorrow.

So once I get that result I should then be able to find some wayto double click or perform "mass" recall of those placeholder back to the file server.

Is that possible do you reckon ?

HanoBotha
Level 2
Employee

Hi John,

The mass recall is possible, and this post details the steps:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/restore-all-files-enterprise-vault-fsa

Cheers,

Hano

John_Santana
Level 6

Thank you Hano !

so yes It was good to know that such script is available :)

In regards of the mass file restore, have you tried any odf those suggested methods ?

Thank you so much for saving my day. Can you help to modify the script to get results of the file shares that were archived from a specific File share please.

Cheers 

Priya

@HanoBotha wrote:

Hi John,

CREATE TABLE #tmp

(

Id VARCHAR(127)

)

insert into #tmp (Id)

(

inner join

on

)

inner join

drop table #tmp

[EVVSooVSoo_1]

Hope it helps