cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL cluster failover

Vikes_2
Level 6
Hello,
I have seen several SQL cluster failovers in the past and in most cases everything is ok since it only takes seconds to complete, in a couple instances the EV services needed to be bounced. We have a planned SQL node failover and I dont recall ever seeing anythign saying that EV services needed to be stopped for this process but wanted to make sure that I was not missing something. I would think as long as the tasks are not processing data it should be ok?
Thanks,
Travis
4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited
When our SQL cluster fails over for monthly patching we see logs about EV complaining but do not do anything on the EV side as far as stopping or restarting services. It picks up where it left off.

Vikes_2
Level 6
Hi Andrew,
that is what I have seen most of the time in the past also, I just was not sure that my understanding of the failover was correct.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Yes EV does complain when you fail SQL over but in most cases it resumes operations.

BUT

It is always good practice that if you plan to do the SQL failover you also plan the outage on EV. It makes EV happier and it is just good change management

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi there

Do you need more info on this subject?
If not, could you mark a Post that suits as a Solution?

Thanks & Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.