cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL for adjusting archive date?

KeithL
Level 3

We've been up and running with our EV 8 SP3 system for about 6 months now.  We have just about all of our users onboard now, with their mail being archived.  The basis we selected for calculating expiry dates is archive date.

Because we've taken several months to roll this out to all of our users, the various initial windows (ie. e-mails being archived after 6 months) are all staggered across departments.

To make it easy to communicate our users and to be able to give them updates, I'd like to reset all the archive dates for everything that has been archived so far to the same date so that I can notify them en masse in 4 months that they need to have a look at the "Documents due to expire within 60 days" report.

Is there some (easy and safe) SQL I could execute that would achieve this?

Thanks,

Keith

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yeah, I wouldn't do that.  Instead leave it as is and just plan to turn on Expiry in 6 months.  You can still send your note to users to run their Expiry report and users will see everything that would be deleted if you were to run Expiry.  Then, in 6 months enable expiry and you will be good to go.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yeah, I wouldn't do that.  Instead leave it as is and just plan to turn on Expiry in 6 months.  You can still send your note to users to run their Expiry report and users will see everything that would be deleted if you were to run Expiry.  Then, in 6 months enable expiry and you will be good to go.

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner
If you don't turn on expiry initially and wait until 6 months from now to turn it on, then everything that is eligible will show up in the reports as being eligible for expiry. This will give you the same virtual results as attempting to muck around in SQL (very rarely a good idea) to change the archive date. Users can access the expiry report in 4 months and everything that both is eligible and will be eligible in 6 months would show up.

KeithL
Level 3

Thanks guys - I suspected that would be the case - just wanted to check my options.