cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL to search for Corrupt EV Folder Structure needs "refining"

sc00byd00byd00
Level 2

Hi All,

We have been provided some SQL to report on all archives within our environment that contain a corrupt folder structure and have a ParentFolderRootIdentity of NULL where the folder is anything but; 'Top of Information Store'

The results I get from the following SQL are in the Thousands and I want to be able to group this by Evault Server / Vault Store as the ArchiveFixTool that has to be run against each archive has to be done on the server that the particular archive is located on, AND on an individual Archive each time.

USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory
SELECT AV.ArchiveName, AFV.RootIdentity, AFV.FolderName, AFV.ParentFolderRootIdentity, AFV.VaultEntryId, AFV.ContainerRootIdentity, AFV.ArchiveVEID, AFV.Type
FROM ArchiveView AV
INNER JOIN ArchiveFolderView AFV on AFV.ArchiveVEID = AV.VaultEntryID
WHERE AFV.ParentFolderRootIdentity IS NULL and AFV.FolderName <> 'Top of Information Store'
ORDER By AV.ArchiveName

Is anybody able to help me refine this query to include within these results so that it includes a Link to the VaultEntryId as to what VaultStore its located on ?

I want to minimise my workload so that I can action all affected users on one particular VaultStore before moving onto the next one.

Or even better, if you can advise if the ArchiveFixTool can be used in Bulk for all affected Archives based on the results found within this query.

Any Help will be gratefully received,

Thanks in advance,

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jeff_Shotton
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi Scott

Something like this then:

SELECT VSE.VaultStoreName, AV.ArchiveName, AFV.RootIdentity, AFV.FolderName, AFV.ParentFolderRootIdentity, AFV.VaultEntryId, AFV.ContainerRootIdentity, AFV.ArchiveVEID, AFV.Type

FROM ArchiveView AV

INNER JOIN VaultStoreEntry VSE on AV.VaultStoreEntryId = VSE.VaultStoreEntryId

WHERE AFV.ParentFolderRootIdentity IS NULL and AFV.FolderName <> 'Top of Information Store'

ORDER BY VSE.VaultStoreName, AV.ArchiveName

I presume you are asking about archivefolderfix? If I recall by default it processes all archives unless you provide a command line switch to tell it to do a single archive at a time.

Knowing your environment it might be a good idea to run this through a test lab first, before launching it against everyone....

Regards,

Jeff

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jeff_Shotton
Level 6

Hi Scott

Something like this then:

SELECT VSE.VaultStoreName, AV.ArchiveName, AFV.RootIdentity, AFV.FolderName, AFV.ParentFolderRootIdentity, AFV.VaultEntryId, AFV.ContainerRootIdentity, AFV.ArchiveVEID, AFV.Type

FROM ArchiveView AV

INNER JOIN VaultStoreEntry VSE on AV.VaultStoreEntryId = VSE.VaultStoreEntryId

ORDER BY VSE.VaultStoreName, AV.ArchiveName

I presume you are asking about archivefolderfix? If I recall by default it processes all archives unless you provide a command line switch to tell it to do a single archive at a time.

Knowing your environment it might be a good idea to run this through a test lab first, before launching it against everyone....

Regards,

Jeff

sc00byd00byd00
Level 2

Thanks Jeff, i'll give that a try :)

sc00byd00byd00
Level 2

You dont happen to have a list of usage switches do you for the archivefolderfix tool do you ?

Struggling to find anything about it on the Web.

Jeff_Shotton
Level 6

Its really only an internal only Symantec tool. When I was there it was supposed to only be run with support assistance.