cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safety copies in Exchange journal being removed too soon

jaykayjaykay
Level 2

I am using Evault 8.0. In the past, it always used to mark mail in the Exchange journal as safety copy, then it would move the copy after a full backup took place that night.

Over the last few days though, these safety copies are being moved from the Exchange journal mailbox within 5minutes. From the searching I have done, this should be set on the store. But I can't find that option.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Best practice depends on your requirements Super large enterprises that journal in the 3million+ per day range do immediately after archive with a storage device that does snapshots like a NetApp or replication like a centera
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Take a look at the screenshot 

Working for cloudficient.com

jaykayjaykay
Level 2

The setting for the Journal store is set to immediately after archive. I don't think we changed this though.

What's the 'best practice' setting fro the journal?

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Best practice depends on your requirements Super large enterprises that journal in the 3million+ per day range do immediately after archive with a storage device that does snapshots like a NetApp or replication like a centera
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I don't think there is a best practice relating to the setting for a journal... but...  you should consider that if the journal mailbox gets hit with >1,000,000 per day then having them all cluttering up the inbox and waiting for them to be backed up, is going to simply cripple the system.

So *in my opinion* if it's a shared vault store with regular archives and mailbox archives go for ...

After Backup (Immediately for journaling)

jaykayjaykay
Level 2

Thanks gentlemen

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Glad to help  -- you might want to consider marking one or more posts as a solution, if you feel it/they helped.