cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safety copy mechanism on EMC Data Domain Vault Store

gmackinn
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Can anyone that is using EMC Data Domain for vault stores please provide detail of how they implement either removal of the archive bit or creating a trigger bit file. I'm struggling to work out how to do this with DD replication.

4 REPLIES 4

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

gmackinn
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks, I know the EV side of trigger files inside out, I'm looking for detail on how to either remove the archive bit or set the trigger file with the EMC Data Domain replication processes.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

EMC data domain does not have archvie bit so the trigger file will not reset anything . The replication type of backup mechanism work for storage like centera. Check if the storage which you are using is supported or not

gmackinn
Level 4
Partner Accredited

EMC Data Domain is supported and does support the archive bit, the problem is that Data Domain replication does not remove the archive bit so I'm looking for a script or something that can create a trigger bit file on successfull replication or possibly detail on integrating the Data Domain replication with Netbackup and getting Netbackup to remove the archive bit from the original or to create the trigger file.