cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Savesets that have not yet been backed up or replicated

Deepak_Jindal
Level 4

Hi,

We have Enterprise Vault 10.0.3 running with exchange 2013, HCP storage connected.From last 1 month we are getting below critical alert on EV console.There is no issue in Backup but still same alert keep on coming.

There are 1251604 savesets that have not yet been backed up or replicated for Vault Store 'XXXStore1'
Event ID 41008.

Kindly suggest what should we check to fix this.I have checked several articles about this, they all pointing to Backup but checked with backup team , they said

Backup is getting completed successfully daily.

Best Regards,

Deepak Jindal

10 REPLIES 10

plaudone
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Deepak,

What is the Backup setting for the partition?  Is replication configured on the HCP?  

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH35610

Regards,

Patrick 

plaudone
Level 5

Also, what is the setting for "Local safety copies" and "Remote safety copies" set to on the Advanced tab of tha partition?  

Deepak_Jindal
Level 4

Hi Patrick,

We are using CommVault to do all Backup, currenlty Indexing Backup is configured.We do have replication configured on HCP.

Remove Safety copies are currenlty set as Immediately after Archive.

ON HCP :

Local Safety Copies :0

Remote Safety Copies : 2

Best Regards,

Deepak Jindal

plaudone
Level 5

Deepak,

Can you set Remote Safety copies to 1 and restart storage?  This should allow the check to see that it has been replicated and one copy exists on the replica. 

Regards,

Patrick 

Deepak_Jindal
Level 4

Hi Patrick,

Like to ask one query before make changes, we have 10 Vaut Store configured and all are having same settings but issue is with only one Vault Store.

Do you think this change would make difference if yes why this is not applicable to other vault store ?

Best Regards,

Deepak Jindal

plaudone
Level 5

Deepak,

Have 2 copied been replicated for the one vault store in question?  Are there any events for that store in the EV Event Log?  A Dtrace of StorageFileWatch would be needed to determine why EV sees the items as not backed up.  

Deepak_Jindal
Level 4

Hi,

I can see Event 4231 and 28967 continously trigger under EV Event log.

Deepak_Jindal
Level 4

Hi Patrick ,

Please accept my apologies.We have Remote Safety Copies = 1.Earlier by mistake I typed 2.

Deepak_Jindal
Level 4

Hi,

Please suggest what should I check in this case.

Best Regards,

Deepak Jindal

plaudone
Level 5

Hi, would need to see a StorageFIleWatch Dtrace for that server and the go in and out of backup mode to force the scan again.  Looking to see if EV sees the files as replicated.  

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH38122

Are all partitions set to 0 and 1 for local and remote files?  

The Dtrace may show items that have not been replicated?  Have there been any issues with that for this partition?  

Regards,

Patrick