cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled PST migration with automatic mailbox association

woelki
Level 4

Hi there,

we got a big bunch of PST files to migrate, but we are searching for the weapon of choice (of the inbuilt tools).

I already found this very good overview from Rob.Wilcox

https://www.veritas.com/community/articles/pst-migration-enterprise-vault

We got the PST files already in place, but I would like to drive an automatic mailbox association.
So I guess the scripted migration would be the right choice. But as it is a bigger bunch of PST files I would like to use the PST migrator task (if possible) as it can be scheduled and would be able to skip the backup mode.

Benchmark data:

350 PSTs

6 TB data volume

So what would be the approach for a scheduled migration with mailbox association?

Kind regards,

woelki

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

woelki
Level 4

Hi there,

I found a way, although I read the PST migration whitepaper I have pretty well ignored to set up all tasks, because I already had the PSTs in place. From my side it looks like, that the PST Migrator can live without the Locator Task, but not without the Collector Task.

With bunch importing the PSTs into SQL via the *csv file it is working now. The only thing what I'm not that happy about is, that the current migrating PST files utilizes the triple space!

1 PST ind PST Holding Folder, 1 Copy of it in the same folder and 1 Copy in the PST Temp Folder.

Is it possible to improve the space consumption?

Kind regards,

Christian

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

woelki
Level 4

Hi there,

I found a way, although I read the PST migration whitepaper I have pretty well ignored to set up all tasks, because I already had the PSTs in place. From my side it looks like, that the PST Migrator can live without the Locator Task, but not without the Collector Task.

With bunch importing the PSTs into SQL via the *csv file it is working now. The only thing what I'm not that happy about is, that the current migrating PST files utilizes the triple space!

1 PST ind PST Holding Folder, 1 Copy of it in the same folder and 1 Copy in the PST Temp Folder.

Is it possible to improve the space consumption?

Kind regards,

Christian