Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled task processing

OldEmployee
Level 5

I referred to this technote on scheduled archiving task function:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100021720.html

What I wanted to understand is what happens when the scheduled task ends and there are still items in the A5 queue?

Will the task start archiving the next item in the A5 queue in the next run?

If I was to clear the A5 queue after every run, will the task start the processing the mailboxes from the start?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi mate,

The items that remain in the A5 queue will be processed first during the next scheduled run. Older items are placed at the top of the queue and newer items at the bottom so that the older items are processed first.

If you purge the A5 queue after the task completes, it will start from begining next time it runs.

--Virgil

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

VirgilDobos

Hi mate,

The items that remain in the A5 queue will be processed first during the next scheduled run. Older items are placed at the top of the queue and newer items at the bottom so that the older items are processed first.

If you purge the A5 queue after the task completes, it will start from begining next time it runs.

--Virgil

Hi,

The remaining amount in the A5 queue is typically a good indicator of performance or the need for a longer archiving window.  If there are many items left over, and the queue just continues to grow, then the archiving window may need to be increased.  

On the performance side it could mean the server is too busy, or there are some other performance issues with getting the items archived, therefore leaving many not processed.  That would require a deeper look into configuration and such. 

Regards,

Patrick 

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

Thank you Plaudone1.

Yes as of now our servers cannot process all the mailboxes and hence there are always items pending in the A5 queue after the scheduled end run.

After every scheduled end, we have a script that clears the A5 queue before the next start job. This is why I wanted to check if items still remaining in queue are picked up during the next task or does the task starts all over again.

Thank you for the clarification Virgil.

VirgilDobos

Welcome mate.

--Virgil