Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Script not working after EV migration from 2003 to Windows 2008 R2

Holloween
Level 4
Accredited

Dear community,

I have a daily scheduled task running for EV monitoring. It used to work while it is running on the Windows 2003 box. Now that I have migrated to the new 2008 R2 box, the script failed to show any output. Did a search on the net and found out that I need to use 32 bit powershell instead of 64 bit. 

After expliciting calling the 32bit powershell, output via email is working fine.

This leads to another problem:

When the script comes to this section (Lets call it Section A:(

Cscript //nologo EVMonitor-Queues.vbs servername "servername\private$\Enterprise Vault Exchange Mailbox Task for [ExchangeServername] 111027181710 a2" >> EVCheck.txt

Cscript //nologo EVMonitor-Queues.vbs servername "servername\private$\Enterprise Vault Exchange Mailbox Task for [ExchangeServername] 111027181710 a5" >> EVCheck.txt

It does not output to EVCheck.txt.

The script contents for EVMonitor-Queues.vbs is as follows:

(I believe, in the past, when the EV is running on the 2003 box, the script is taken from here: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/monitoring-msmq-vbs )

Is there any solution to output Section A to a text file? (It used to work on Windows 2003).

Option Explicit

Dim MSMQApp ' As MsmqApplication

Set MSMQApp = CreateObject("MSMQ.MSMQApplication")

Dim strComputer

If Wscript.Arguments.Count = 0 Then

WScript.Echo "usage: msmq.vbs server_name queue "

WScript.Echo " "

WScript.Echo "e.g. cscript msmq.vbs tus1ev1idxpin01 queue"

Else

strComputer = Wscript.Arguments(0)

END If

On Error Resume Next

MSMQApp.Machine=strComputer

Dim qName ' As String

For each qName in MSMQApp.PrivateQueues

Dim Mgmt ' As new MSMQManagement

Set Mgmt = CreateObject("MSMQ.MSMQManagement")

Mgmt.Init MSMQApp.Machine,,"DIRECT=OS:" & qName

if Wscript.Arguments(1) <> "" then

if instr(UCase(qName),UCase(Wscript.Arguments(1))) >0 then

WScript.Echo qName & "     Messages " & CLng(Mgmt.MessageCount) & "    Size: " & int(CLng(Mgmt.BytesInQueue) / 1024) & " Kb"

end if

else

WScript.Echo qName & "     Messages " & CLng(Mgmt.MessageCount) & "    Size: " & int(CLng(Mgmt.BytesInQueue) / 1024) & " Kb"

end if

Next

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

That is what I was referring to above.  The number sequences is a date\time that is generated when the queue is created.

Glad you are sorted.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne

Moved to EV forum....

TonySterling

Did you update the MSMQ Task names?  So in Section A, Is the right name listed?  Enterprise Vault Exchange Mailbox Task for [ExchangeServername] 111027181710 a2

Holloween
Level 4
Accredited

Yes I have changed the servername to the new EV server.

Cscript //nologo EVMonitor-Queues.vbs servername "servername\private$\Enterprise Vault Exchange Mailbox Task for [ExchangeServername] 111027181710 a2" >> EVCheck.txt

Cscript //nologo EVMonitor-Queues.vbs servername "servername\private$\Enterprise Vault Exchange Mailbox Task for [ExchangeServername] 111027181710 a5" >> EVCheck.txt

When I run the .vbs on the new EV server, there are pop ups. (See attached .docx)

But it just cannot output the a2 and a5 queues to a text file. (See attached output.jpg)

Holloween
Level 4
Accredited

It worked after I changed the values 111027181710 to the correct ones found in the EV server:

Cscript //nologo EVMonitor-Queues.vbs servername "servername\private$\Enterprise Vault Exchange Mailbox Task for [ExchangeServername] 111027181710 a2" >> EVCheck.txt

Initially, I thought the values here are hardcoded in between the quotes "servername\private$\Enterprise Vault Exchange Mailbox Task for [ExchangeServername] 111027181710 a2"

Meaning to say that initially, I thought this line 

Cscript //nologo EVMonitor-Queues.vbs servername "Hello World" >> EVCheck.txt

Will append "Hello World" into EVCheck.txt

Another colleague of mine looked into this issue and from him, I get to know that path in between the quotes are the parameters, and these must match the ones in the EV server

In short, I changed the numbers in bold to match the numbers inside the messaging queue of the EV server and it worked!

TonySterling

That is what I was referring to above.  The number sequences is a date\time that is generated when the queue is created.

Glad you are sorted.