cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripted shortcut deletion in EV6.0Sp3

Andy_Wragg_-_BT
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I have an EV6 Sp3 server that I need to export user archives off (going to use the Export Wizard), with a view to importing archives back into Exchange 2010. As part of the migration path, I need to remove shortcuts from the Exchange mailboxes prior to moving the mailbox. User deletion of shortcuts is not viable.

The Shortcut expiry policy is not available in this version.How might I automate the removal of shortcuts from a select number of users per batch run?

Is there a SQL script/job that can be run to trigger this activity?

Thanks in advance guys,

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What version of Exchange?  Maybe user reciepent policies or MRM to delete them.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH63556

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Well, you want to get rid of shortcuts?  They're in the users mailbox.. so a SQL script etc, isn't going to help you.  You could write some vbscript + cdo to trawl through mailboxes, looking for shortcuts that haven archived date that is "old".

Working for cloudficient.com

Andy_Wragg_-_BT
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks Rob,

I've now found the Site Property (arent old versions great!) which I can use to enable shortcut expiry, but this will be a broad brush approach which could be enabled will mean that all users lose their shortcuts at the same time. The migration from Exchange 2003 to 2010 is likley to take weeks to months to manage and I would like a more granular alternative.

Andy

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What version of Exchange?  Maybe user reciepent policies or MRM to delete them.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH63556

Andy_Wragg_-_BT
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,

We've decided to leave the shortcuts and to remove them from Ex 2010 using a policy. Thanks to all that respnded.

Andy