cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripting a RUN NOW archive operation for a single mailbox

SYM-AJ
Level 5

I am running EV12.1.1 with Exchange Mailbox Archiving / Journal Archiving in place.

I have a requirement every few hours to completely archive all items from a specific mailbox, and rather than having to perform this from the VAC I would like to be able to script it (Powershell perhaps).

I cannot see any of the Powershell Cmdlets which will do this for me - maybe I am missing something.

Is this possible ?

Thanks,

AJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

This is not possible in the current release. It's a much requested feature and is on our radar for future development, but we don't have any plans to address it right now.

--Chris

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello AJ,

I don't think you can. Below is theory. I do not have mailbox archiving in my environment, so cannot test for you:

Create an archiving policy for this one mailbox, create a provisioning group, targeting only this mailbox. Create a new mailbox archiving task using this one pg. The unknown here (by me that is) is if you can target the same exchange server with two mailbox archiving tasks.... If you can, set the schedule for this new task to run every x hours.

If using two tasks to one exchange server if not possible, you might still be able to use the above, then schedule the existing task to run every x-hours. This will also perform the archive operation on the other mailboxes, but assuming your archiving policy is different, that should not pose too much of a problem. If you have the luxury of being able to move this mailbox to a seperate Exchange server (perhaps a journal server?) you might be able to do something on that.

If something else pops in mind, I'll let you know.

Regards. Gertjan

Thanks for the quick response.

Unfortunately you can only have a single archiving task per server.

I was hoping for a scripting approach, but not looking good !!

Thanks,

AJ

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Perhaps adding a 2nd ev server, specifically for this mailbox?

see https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Articles/New-Whitepaper-Archiving-a-single-Exchange-server-with-multiple/...

Regards. Gertjan

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

This is not possible in the current release. It's a much requested feature and is on our radar for future development, but we don't have any plans to address it right now.

--Chris