Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search.ASP/Message ID - EDEN / Extract CSV

Yannick_FR
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Good Afternoon,

Journling did not work for 1 month - Exchange logs give us 30 000 emails that should have been delivered to the journal mailbox. We have an excel sheet containing all related MessageID.

We would like to search for all these MessageID into the archives mailboxes on a global way and export then to a txt/csv or useable format. This will give us the opportunity to see which MessageID/email is missing from the Vault.

I know you can use the search.asp/other attribute/ eden to search for MessageID, but how to generate an automatic routine for searching all message ID from my list an return a value saying YES/NO is not there with the associated MessageID, then export the result into a useable format like txt or csv.

I was looking at the search.asp code and to add a routine to extrac these infos but no chance so far.

Thanks, Y.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yannick_FR
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Here it is, I have not got a chance to update it earlier on.

These code will generate a txt file into the webapp folder, the txt file name is the users you are running the search against, the txt contents extract the Message ID and the Archived Date for each result returns into the search.asp.

You can modify the search.asp by adding more field if you need to, easy enough base on this code.

Limitation: The search.asp is limited to a 1000 result per page.So if there is more than a 1000 result in your query you will have too limit your search using filters.

To conclude: I used this extract to compare the MessageId against the Exchange tracking logs. This was to make sure the message from the tracking logs were all archive following a crash of my the journaling task.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Your best bet by far is looking at the Indexing API and have it read off of a list of the message ID's and then search through each archive for them, hoping that a user has archived them and not deleted them.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Yannick_FR
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks for your response

Are you talking about the "indexing API" in the search.asp code page?
The other way around is too run a a full search accross all users (<AllVaults>) between choosen date an for each row return, extract the Message ID in a separate file. Then compare it to my existing list of MessageID.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
By Indexing API I mean going through the API reference guide guide and knocking out some c# or VHS scripts to trawl through the archives like discovery accelerator
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Yannick_FR
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I will work away and post the code, I have seen at list two other threads mentionning it.

Yannick_FR
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I did some coding in the search.asp and got a solution to export the messageid to a txt file. I will post the code tomorrow.

Yannick_FR
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Here it is, I have not got a chance to update it earlier on.

These code will generate a txt file into the webapp folder, the txt file name is the users you are running the search against, the txt contents extract the Message ID and the Archived Date for each result returns into the search.asp.

You can modify the search.asp by adding more field if you need to, easy enough base on this code.

Limitation: The search.asp is limited to a 1000 result per page.So if there is more than a 1000 result in your query you will have too limit your search using filters.

To conclude: I used this extract to compare the MessageId against the Exchange tracking logs. This was to make sure the message from the tracking logs were all archive following a crash of my the journaling task.

Yannick_FR
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Also search.asp?advanced is required and set the maximum result per page to 980