cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Vault Cache via Archive Explorer

StefanPh
Level 3

Hi!

I would like to know, if this is a bug or if everyone has the same thing (EV 10, Outlook Web plugin). When Outlook works offline, users with Laptops can still access there Archives via Archive Explorer (Vault Cache). In this case, the search capapilities are limited. E. g. messages can only be searched by subject and not by message body context when the online Archive is accessed. OK, so far so good. But but I dont't really get is, that the search is limited to "from" (who sent the mail). There is no possibility to search for the receiver (sent to)??!!

I cannot imagine the reason, why there is only a "from-search" implemented and no "sent to"?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Amit_Dol
Level 4
Employee Accredited

I am getting same result and I don't think this might be bug. Looks like by design; but will figure out from experts.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Amit_Dol
Level 4
Employee Accredited

I am getting same result and I don't think this might be bug. Looks like by design; but will figure out from experts.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Why don't you just use Outlook instant search? That and VV make archive explorer somewhat redundant
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

StefanPh
Level 3

We don't use instant search, as we are still running on XP and we don't want to install the desktop search engine.

Thank's for your comments. Knowing that this is not a bug allready gave me a better "feeling" ;-).