cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SearchFolderManager tool

aaguilar
Level 4

Hi

After updating our EV platform to v12.3, I see that events with ID 3492 appear frequently in mail archiving tasks:

The archiving task stopped processing the following mailbox. Search folders are needed in the mailbox to enable the archiving task to process the large number of items in the folder indicated. Use the SearchFolderManager tool to create the mailbox search folders for the archiving task to use. The archiving task will process this mailbox on the next scheduled archiving run.

I have consulted the note https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000109546. But it is not clear to me what the use of the SearchFolderManager.exe tool implies. I do not understand what the creation of Search Folders means in the affected mailboxes. How does the user affect the use of this tool? When searching for EVSearch, will a new folder appear?

Thanks and regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ronen_Tzimbel
Level 6
Partner Accredited

hello,

you need to create registry key

HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Wow6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents\SearchFolderCreationThreshold

Assign value as decimal 90000 for the key.

Thnaks Ronen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ronen_Tzimbel
Level 6
Partner Accredited

hello,

you need to create registry key

HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Wow6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents\SearchFolderCreationThreshold

Assign value as decimal 90000 for the key.

Thnaks Ronen

Hi

DWORD or STRING need create key and in EV Server

Marcde
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

it is a DWORD value as described in the article linked above. 

Regards

PMCS GmbH & Co. KG - A Serviceware Company
www.serviceware.de