cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender receives notification for deletion of Not Read Messages

mixsoft
Level 2

Hello,

we have 1 EV 9.0.4 server running on a 2 nodes cluster W2K3.

2 months ago we completed the migration of archived mailboxes to 8 Exchange 2010 SP2 servers ( 2 DAGs).

Since few weeks some users (not the same) are receiving notifications for deletion of Not Read Messages.

They are noticing this because they know the recipient is still on vacation.

When I check the time of the notification, 06:50 AM, this matches the time frame of the nightly EV arching process, between 6AM and 7 AM EV is running in Backup mode.   

The archiving policy we have in place doesn't delete stubs which are kept forever.

On EV the activities seem OK, I mean not special errors.

When I check mailbox content this seems correct and I can see the message (not archived yet)

How can I identify the cause of this issue?

Is this EV problem? 

Regards

Mix

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I would take a look at this registry key:

ClearUnreadNotification

\SOFTWARE
  \KVS
   \Enterprise Vault
    \Agents

Content

DWORD

0 - (Default) Send a notification to users who have deleted shortcuts to unread archived items.

1 - Do not send a notification to users who have deleted shortcuts to unread archived items.

Description

For manually deleted shortcuts to unread archived items: specifies whether to send notifications to users who have requested read receipts.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This could be one of the known problem reported quite recenlty.

"'Not Read' read receipt emails are incorrectly being sent to the Sender when an Unread Archived Item is Restored" http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH209735

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I would take a look at this registry key:

ClearUnreadNotification

\SOFTWARE
  \KVS
   \Enterprise Vault
    \Agents

Content

DWORD

0 - (Default) Send a notification to users who have deleted shortcuts to unread archived items.

1 - Do not send a notification to users who have deleted shortcuts to unread archived items.

Description

For manually deleted shortcuts to unread archived items: specifies whether to send notifications to users who have requested read receipts.

Working for cloudficient.com

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This could be one of the known problem reported quite recenlty.

"'Not Read' read receipt emails are incorrectly being sent to the Sender when an Unread Archived Item is Restored" http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH209735

mixsoft
Level 2

Hello,

first a big thank you for the help.

I have activated the registry key as suggested by Rob on both the 2 Cluster nodes.

The key "ClearUnreadNotification" was not present  and I set DWORD = 1

We archive read and unread items after 60 days.

However the notifications were sent for messages 30 and 90 days old.

I am going to monitor closely the systems to see if users will continue to receive those notifications.

Eventually I will switch this key back to 0 (default).

Regards

Mix

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please let us know how this panned out and if resolved please let us flag the poster who was able to help's posting as being the solution to your issue so that we may ensure those who are willing to help can be best directed to those requiring it.

Many thanks.