cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server 2008 SP2 - EV 10.0.1 compatibility

JuanAntonio
Level 5

Hi all,

Compatibility Charts Document says that Windows Server 2008 is no longer compatible with EV (10.0.1), even the 64 bits version isn't. Only the R2 version does. I have EV 9.0.1 running on Windows Server 2008 SP2 and I would like to migrate to 10.0.1 (better than to 9.0.3) , but I wouldn't like to change the OS version of my servers to R2. We don't have any R2 on our network. Does anyone know if there is any issue for that? Is only a question of Symantec official support? Any technical reason?

Thanks in advanced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Reason for having EV10 on W2008R2 I do not know, but you cannot install EV10 on any other version of windows.

In this case, you can upgrade to 9.03, to get the latest SP applied.

There is a server-migration tool from Symantec, that will ease the transferring of EV from W2008 to W2008R2.

Sorry...

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RRE
Level 6

Hello

If you check the compatibility chart ( pg 14) , it does mention that SQL server 2008 X64 edition ( version SP2 , SP3 , R2, R2 SP1) is supported with EV 10

If you check the release notes , you will be able to see this line "2008 R2 x64 is now supported." which means it started supporting the R2 version but it does not mean it stopped the support for SP2 or SP3

Release Notes. ( Check Points To Note section)

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5474

Current supported version are

SQL server 2008 X64 edition ( Enterprise / Standard) - Sp2, SP3 , R2 , R2 SP1

Regards

RRE

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Reason for having EV10 on W2008R2 I do not know, but you cannot install EV10 on any other version of windows.

In this case, you can upgrade to 9.03, to get the latest SP applied.

There is a server-migration tool from Symantec, that will ease the transferring of EV from W2008 to W2008R2.

Sorry...

Regards. Gertjan

JuanAntonio
Level 5

Thanks!