cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Initiated Manual Archive Does not run

Steve_Bally
Level 4
All,

New EV 7.0 SP1 install, migrating from Notes to Exchange, here is the situation, we have clients with huge archives in notes and when we migrate them we would like to run Manual Archivals against there mailboxes to bring down the size of there mailboxes quickly.

Here is how we have the achiveing Tasks and policies setup:

Task is setup to:
Provisioning Task runs @ Midnight and Noon <default>

MailBox Archiving:
10 Concurrent Connections
2000 items per target per pass

Policies:

Rules are setup as follows

migrate anymails that are 1 day

Large Items = 2048

Archiving Strategy = 40 of Storage Limit Free

Although progmatically the mail has been archiving, we would like the ability to Archive Manually from the Server side, any and all help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Steve

3 REPLIES 3

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Right click on the archiving task and select run now
Select the select mailboxes radio button
Enter the details of the mailbox that you want to archive and it will archive that particular mailbox only and will do this independantly of the scheduled run.

Steve_Bally
Level 4
I have done that, however, it still does not initiate a Archive Job, and there is no entry in the logs that I initiated a manual archive.

I would expect to see a D:\Enterprise Vault\Reports directory, however there is no entry.

Regards,

Steve

andra_christie
Level 6
Employee Accredited
You won't get a report from a mailbox archiving run...if you do a run now in report mode, you will see a report. Only with fsa can you get reports for both the scheduled or run now archive run or report mode run. Maybe get a dtrace when you initiate a run now and see what it is doing