cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Setting Migration Wizard

John_Huber
Level 4

I am preparing to upgrade from EV for Exchange 9.0.4 to 10.0.4.   9.0.4 is running on server 2003.  What I like to do is run an export on our existing 9.0.4 server and create an migration package.  Bring the 9.0.4 server back in to production.   Use the migration package in the lab to do test imports to familiarize myself with process.

Can I run an export on our existing server and put it back into production without an adverse affects.

We also have Discovery Accellerator installed on the same server.   Will those setting be transferred also.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

ok so it doesnt trash your EV server or anything like that if that's what you're wondering so yea i dont see why you cant just start the service back up. however, the script the wizard creates is custom to your EV config so unless you have an identical setup in the lab, you cant just import it from another system.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB

check out this video of the process https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/videos/enterprise-vault-server-settings-migration-wizard

not sure i understand the questions about crossing from producion to lab and back. what are you trying to accomplish versus testing in the lab and then repeating the process in prod?

here's the technote for moving DA to a new server

How to move Discovery Accelerator (DA) to a new server.
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH55065

John_Huber
Level 4

I have watched video and understand the process.  I need to know if there is something the video is not telling me.  Does the wizard do anything to the exporting box other than shutting down the services at the end to the export?  After I run the export i still want to keep the existing EV box in service.  I want to evaluate the results of the export and import it on test boxes.  I do not do this every day and I want to test with data that is as close to the real thing so when I go and do it for real I can have a good idea of what the results will be.

AndrewB

ok so it doesnt trash your EV server or anything like that if that's what you're wondering so yea i dont see why you cant just start the service back up. however, the script the wizard creates is custom to your EV config so unless you have an identical setup in the lab, you cant just import it from another system.