Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Settings Migration Wizard for...migrating to a new server

Ben_Shorehill
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hello all,

I need to virtualise an EV 10 server. I know the wizard was designed to migrate from 32 bit to 64 bit hardware during a 9 to 10 upgrade, but I was wondering if I can use it to migrate a physical 10 server to virtual hardware.

The HOWTO for the wizard states: "The Enterprise Vault Server Settings Migration wizard supports migrations from Enterprise Vault 9.0.1 or later source servers, to unconfigured Enterprise Vault 9.0.1 or later target servers. The version of Enterprise Vault installed on the target server must be equal to or later than the version installed on the source server."

That the versions can be equal tells me that I can indeed use the tool to do what I want to do. It would be great to get confirmation of this though before I try.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Ben,

Yes, you can use the Server Settings Migration Wizard for P2V, you just need to prepare the VM - install OS and EV binaries with all pre-requisites. Just don't run the configuration wizard, leave it unconfigured. 

Used this multiple times across physical and virtual primarily for OS refresh.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mouse

Hi Ben,

Yes, you can use the Server Settings Migration Wizard for P2V, you just need to prepare the VM - install OS and EV binaries with all pre-requisites. Just don't run the configuration wizard, leave it unconfigured. 

Used this multiple times across physical and virtual primarily for OS refresh.

Mouse

Duplicate post, sorry :(