cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server driven PST migration Locator Task setting

Gogeta
Level 4

Everytime we run the Locator Task, it spends three hours searching the domain for new computers before it starts searching for PST.  From the report, it shows: "Search for new computers at start of new search cycle: True".  Is there any way to set it to false?  I don't see any setting for that in the task.  We want to search for PST right away.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The admin guide suggest using the Example config.  

1. If PSTlocatorTask.exe.config is the stub version of the file, then replace this file by copying and renaming the example file, Example PstLocatorTask.exe.config

That is what i would do.  Rename the existing to .old or something.  Then do the copy and rename.  Make the edit and then restart the task.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling

Look a file called Example PstLocatorTask.exe.config on the Enterprise Vault server that runs the PST Locator task, start Windows Explorer and navigate to the Enterprise Vault program folder (for example, C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault). Find the following setting:

<PSTSettings>
        <!-- Populate PstComputer table (computer list) at start of new search cycle: Default: True -->
        <add key="PopulatePstComputer" value = "true"/>

change that to false and copy it to the PstLocatorTask.exe.config.  Restart the task.

Gogeta
Level 4
My PstLocatorTask.exe.config looks like this: So where should I insert your code?

TonySterling

I don't see an image but it goes in the <PSTSettings> section.  Just refer the the Example PSTLocatorTask config file.

Gogeta
Level 4

This no <PSTSettings> section. It looks like this, hopefully it shows this time.

<configuration>

<runtime>

<generatePublisherEvidence enabled="false">

<runtime>

<configuration>

Do I just add the <PSTSettings> section right after <configuration> ?

TonySterling

The admin guide suggest using the Example config.  

1. If PSTlocatorTask.exe.config is the stub version of the file, then replace this file by copying and renaming the example file, Example PstLocatorTask.exe.config

That is what i would do.  Rename the existing to .old or something.  Then do the copy and rename.  Make the edit and then restart the task.