cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting new IP Address ranges for EV and Exchange

Dead-Data
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Due to a merger a client is having to radically reconfigure their internal LAN IP subnets. 

As part of this process EV, Exchange and associated storage servers will all be moved to new IP ranges.

Can anyone point us towards a knowledgebase article or something which covers this process. 

The servers themselves are not changing or moving datacenters, it's just the IP ranges, subnet masks, etc. which will change.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There isn't a documented TN I know of but main thing you will need to pay attention to is the EVAnon virtual directory for OWA.  That will need updated so I would recommend running the script again to configure it.

Also, if you have any host file entries for CAS servers change those.

Pretty sure that as long as DNS is updated appropriately since EV is using aliases it will update everything else for you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There isn't a documented TN I know of but main thing you will need to pay attention to is the EVAnon virtual directory for OWA.  That will need updated so I would recommend running the script again to configure it.

Also, if you have any host file entries for CAS servers change those.

Pretty sure that as long as DNS is updated appropriately since EV is using aliases it will update everything else for you.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
I agree with Tony. About the only tricky bit is the evanon virtual directory.. But now you know about that.
Working for cloudficient.com

Dead-Data
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Thanks guys,

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
You're welcome.
Working for cloudficient.com