cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Archiving and e-discovery on Enterprise Vault for Exchange

skeeter_2012
Level 3

Hello --   I am trying to setup Enterprise Vault for Exchange in the following scenario.  I have both Enterprise Vault Archiver and Ediscovery.  My needs are as follows:

1.  Need to be able to log and retain all email that is sent to all users. 

a.  Ideally we would like to have one copy on the EV archiver and one copy in Exchange.   is this possible?

b.  Need to be able to log and search all email that is sent in.

2.  Need to be able to search all email that is sent as soon as it is received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

The solution is very simple.  You need to configure your Exchange for Journaling and set up EV to do Journal Mailbox archiving.  

A copy of every email sent/received would then be copied by Exchange to a separate Journal mailbox.  EV will archive the Journal mailbox every 90 seconds (or so).  All items that are in the Journal archive would then be searchable by Discovery Accelerator.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

The solution is very simple.  You need to configure your Exchange for Journaling and set up EV to do Journal Mailbox archiving.  

A copy of every email sent/received would then be copied by Exchange to a separate Journal mailbox.  EV will archive the Journal mailbox every 90 seconds (or so).  All items that are in the Journal archive would then be searchable by Discovery Accelerator.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

do you already have EV implemented and you're just changing the way it is configured? or are you starting from scratch here? it's critial that your EV environment is properly designed from the beginning.

skeeter_2012
Level 3

thank you very much.  i've never set up journaling in exchange but i imagine google can help me there.  this is the exact solution i need if journaling works the way you say.

skeeter_2012
Level 3

hello -- i am in the early implementation of enterprise vault.  currently we only have about 15 mailboxes being archived.  we are migrating our entire company this coming weekend so would love any instructions on setting this up correctly.

any guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

thank you.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

my guidance, and i think the others will all agree, is that it's in your best interest to engage with a qualified partner that specializes in Enterprise Vault to help you.