cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share a vaulted folder in Outlook

Nelson_Kaeppel
Level 3

Hello,

I have a user that wants to share a folder under his "Archive Vault1" folder in Outlook.  The instructions I received were that he needs to share the folder just like a normal folder in Outlook, but then I as an administrator need to give the person he shared the folder with "access to his vault".  I dont know what that means, as I am pretty new to the Vault stuff.  Could someone let me know how one would "give a user access to someone elses vault".  I am assuming this would only allow access to that one shared folder...and not the entire vault.

From what I can tell, we are running Enterprise Vault 10.0.4.1354 - if that matters.  And Exchange 2010.

Thanks for you help.

NK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

hi nelson. the permissions should be inherited through outlook/exchange so that advice is correct. however, if you manually give permissions to an archive from the EV console it applies at the top level and grants access to all the items, not folder specific.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

hi nelson. the permissions should be inherited through outlook/exchange so that advice is correct. however, if you manually give permissions to an archive from the EV console it applies at the top level and grants access to all the items, not folder specific.

Nelson_Kaeppel
Level 3

Ok - thank you for the information.  The user is unable to see the shared vaulted folder, so there must be something else that is broken.  Perhaps it was not shared correctly by the owner of the mailbox.  I will do some more investigation.

NK