cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared mailbox Vault keeps failing

Rax2473
Level 3

Hi, 

We have a shared mailbox called Legal Department Shared Mailbox ( displayname : legaldeptsharedmailbox ) with the SMTP address - legalDeptSharedMailbox@allianz.co.uk)

There are 8 users who use the mailbox and Vault as a secondary mailbox mapped to their primary mailbox profile. 

The issue is that the Vault of the mailbox keeps failing when the synch happens. The primary vault shows that the synch has completed succesfully, but the vault for the shared mailbox keeps failing. 

I have attached the detailed EV log file and am hoping you would show me the resolution steps I should do. 

Workarounds I tried - 

(1) Deleted the cache and recreated the cache again. 

(2) Deleted the registry entries and reentered the registry values under HKEY user > KVS > Client

Issue is till not resolved - please help. Many thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jolaine_Y
Level 4
Partner

In the section of the client log with the heading "Contents of Desktop Settings" you'll see all the policy settings for the mailbox. The one I was looking at is:
OVSYNCARCHIVETYPES = 2 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jolaine_Y
Level 4
Partner

I could be off here, but I believe for the configuration you describe the setting 'Synchronize archive types' needs to be 4 - All mailbox, delegate and shared archives. The client trace shows it's set to 2 - All mailbox archives and delegate mailbox archives

If I'm wrong it's an easy thing to test at least.

JosephRodgers
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

In addition to Jolaine's suggestion you may want to consider upgrading the EV clients to the 9.0sp3 hotfix version: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH180574.  There have been many improvement with the vc\vv.

This is a full replacement client that can be installed to new or existing system.

Rax2473
Level 3

Hi Jolaine, 

Thanks for coming back on this and many apologies for the late reply. I was off sick. 

I could not see the lines Synchronize archive types' needs to be 4 - All mailbox, delegate and shared archives.

Could you please show me the lines on the log which corresponds to this, so that I could take it up with the Vault admins. 

Many thanks. 

Jolaine_Y
Level 4
Partner

In the section of the client log with the heading "Contents of Desktop Settings" you'll see all the policy settings for the mailbox. The one I was looking at is:
OVSYNCARCHIVETYPES = 2