cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Baskets and Vault Cache

Elio_C
Level 6

Hi,

Just looking for any information on the benefit of using the Shopping Basket when users have the vault cache?

As far as I can tell the restore functionality doesn't work, no shortcuts?

Only benefit I can think of, in a Vault Cache situation, is that it can be used to group emails in the web-view.

Any way to turn off the functionality in EV10.

Any info appeciated, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Gotcha, in that case I would disable the restore in the web search.

How to turn off "Restore to Vault" options within the Enterprise Vault (EV) Web Applications Browser Search, Archive Explorer and Integrated Search.

Article:TECH69118  |  Created: 2009-01-25  |  Updated: 2014-07-29  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH69118

NoExchange will disable the Shopping basket:

Note: The NoExchange value shuts off all shopping basket functions through Browser Search.

d. After making the changes to WebApp.ini, perform the following for the options to take effect:
                i. Close all Internet Explorer windows.
                ii. Clear the internet cache from Internet Options in the Control panel 
                iii. Type IISReset into a command line
                iv. Restart Internet Explorer.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

Why would you want to disable this?  It really isn't that much overhead.  The Shopping Basket is going to be used if you do browser based restores.

Introduction to the Shopping Service

Article:HOWTO97658  |  Created: 2014-05-07  |  Updated: 2014-05-07  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO97658

Elio_C
Level 6

Thanks for the reply Tony.

Agree it's no overhead but we have some associates using Shopping Baskets and the Restore feature doesn't work as they expect (Items are not put back in the mailbox, I assume because we don't use mailbox shortcuts?). All my associates have a Vault Cache and only use the web-pages for advanced content searches and non-primary archive access and they always have Outlook on the PC (no external EV access).

I'd rather turn the Shopping Basket feature off than have it not work as expected.

Any further help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

TonySterling

Gotcha, in that case I would disable the restore in the web search.

How to turn off "Restore to Vault" options within the Enterprise Vault (EV) Web Applications Browser Search, Archive Explorer and Integrated Search.

Article:TECH69118  |  Created: 2009-01-25  |  Updated: 2014-07-29  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH69118

NoExchange will disable the Shopping basket:

Note: The NoExchange value shuts off all shopping basket functions through Browser Search.

d. After making the changes to WebApp.ini, perform the following for the options to take effect:
                i. Close all Internet Explorer windows.
                ii. Clear the internet cache from Internet Options in the Control panel 
                iii. Type IISReset into a command line
                iv. Restart Internet Explorer.  

Elio_C
Level 6

Excellent, exactly what I was looking for, thank you Tony