I'm trying to configure a test mailbox with archived Exchange 2007 mails that have different Shortcut Content configuration (in Exchange Mailbox Policy).
This is to get approval for the shortcut format before commencing with archiving - as I'm aware policy changes will not apply to mails that are already archived.
So far, I've been doing the following:
- Set the Shortcut Content in Exchange Mailbox Policy (different settings each time)
- Set the Archiving Rules
- Set the relevant Vault Store partition as Open
- Let the Archiving Task run in report mode (to update hidden message)
- Let the Provisioning Task run
- Let the Mailbox Sync Task run
- Archive the Mail Item (run the Archiving Task in Archiving and Shortcut Processing mode)
- Simulate backup of the Vault Store (using attrib -a "<VaultStoreLocation\*.*" /s)
- Restart the Enterprise Vault Storage Service
This worked for a while, and I had archived mails with a range of different Shortcut Content settings in Outlook (some customised using ShortCutText.txt and some using standard shortcut body, some Including Recipient Information etc.).
However, now all Outlook Shortcuts seem to have reverted back to a standard Outlook form - including all recipient information, message body contents, attachements etc.
Have tried with a different Outlook MAPI profile (same mail account), different machine etc., rearchiving items, but same thing.
Occasionally in Outlook I now get a "Outlook was unable to resolve the conflict between a recently installed program and Microsoft Office..." error.
Any idea on how to resolve?
Thanks in advance.
Any ideas on how to resolve