Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcut Deletion Isn't Happening

vanadasd
Level 4
Partner

Hello Everyone!

I already have a support case open regarding this, we've worked on it together once or twice and haven't had any luck quite yet so I thought I'd reach out to the community for suggestions. We'll be running a DTrace tomorrow so I'll have more information as it comes.

We turned on Storage Expiry for the first time on a test directory. Everything seems to be working successfully on that front, but unfortunately the shortcuts aren't being deleted from the filesystem.

Things we've tried so far:

1. The shortcut deletion task that's scheduled to run at 12:00AM on Sunday happened and nothing was removed.

2. We ran a synchronization task and also ran the archive task, everything ran through successfully. I can see the folders that have expired items in the archive task log, but nothing is removed.

3. We tried changing the schedule of the Shortcut Deletion task to a future time (today at 3:21), and restarted the archive task. I didn't see anything in the event logs regarding the shortcut deletion task even starting.

Anything else you guys can think of? I've confirmed that the archive allows for the deletion of items, and the test files are no longer in the archives.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

vanadasd
Level 4
Partner

Support chalked it up to a corrupted placeholder.

Regardless, running FSAUtility -o solves the problem and eliminates the placeholder.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

vanadasd
Level 4
Partner

Support chalked it up to a corrupted placeholder.

Regardless, running FSAUtility -o solves the problem and eliminates the placeholder.