cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcuts moved to non-archived mailbox

Wasp_man
Level 3
Hi All.
We have EV2007 (7.5) for exchange 2003. I have come across a problem where archived mailbox users are moving their shortcuts into a non-archived team mailbox which other team members then cannot access.
Is there any way of giving them access without restoring the email?

Regards

RIck
4 REPLIES 4

Patrick_Kenevan
Level 4

Yes you can give the user's ( team members) permission on the archive the items is in and they should be able to aceess item successfully. If you do not know which archive the item belongs to, please read through the following technote:
1. Open Microsoft Outlook and select the archived item.

2. Press CTRL + SHIFT and left-click any one of the EV toolbar buttons to open the EV Diagnostic window.

3. Click the Vault Information button.  Send to clip board.

4. Under the selected items properties copy the archive id

5. Connect to EV server using VSA

6. Navigate to Archives, Press CTRL + SHIFT and 'right click archive' and select Find Archive or Folder

7. Paste the archive id and click Find. Once you have the archive the items is in you can grant the user's permission to access items. Alternatively you could ask the user ( the owner of the archive) to restore the items and move it!
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/273217.htm

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/327681.htm

Wasp_man
Level 3
However, If I give permission to the user's archive that will mean they can view all archives for this user, not just the ones placed in the team mailbox. This would contravine our data security. i think the only way around this is to recover these archived items to the non-archived mailbox. Can I do that without recovering to the original mailbox first?

Patrick_Kenevan
Level 4
Yes you can as long as the person restoring those items is the owner of the items - ie they are in his/her archive, then they can restore the items from the TEAM mailbox.

Peter_Kozak
Level 5
Partner
I wrote a tool for one of my customers, exactly for that issue...

It scans the shared mailbox for Shortcuts and Recall's them. The Tool is running once a day...

...works like a charm...

If you are interested in it, drop me a PM

Cheers,
Peter

peter.kozak@glasshouse.com
| www.glasshouse.com | www.vcare-it.com
Infrastructure :: Optimized