cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shutdown EV and users start getting disk is full or write protected errors on newtork drives

dfwood
Level 4
Hi,

We had to shutdown and restart our EV server yesterday due to an SQL server problem. We then found that our users starting getting disk is full or write protected errors on newtork drives when they tried to save files.

Any idea why this would or if it should be happening?

Thanks

Dan
10 REPLIES 10

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Do you use FSA? 

I am not sure this is an EV related event and may just be a coincident.

dfwood
Level 4
The odd thing is, it has only started to happen since we installed EV FSA here.

TonySterling
Hmm, that is a bit weird. Are you using File Blocking?  Are there any event in the App log on the Fie server?

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
 Show us the event log info for the EV server and also check the disk usage where the vault stores are located.

If posable start dtrace on the storagebroker service then try to start the EV services and dupm the results here.

dfwood
Level 4
We arn't using the EV File Blocking but are using the Blocking withing File Server Resource Manager that part of Windows Server 2003 R2.

TonySterling
Ok then, I am going to point you to check the for Nested Quotas with FSRM.  This is from MSFT:

The "Used" and "Available" values for some of the quotas I have created do not correspond to the actual "Limit" setting.
Cause: You may have a nested quota, where the quota of a subfolder derives a more restrictive limit from the quota of its parent folder. For example, you might have a quota limit of 100 megabytes (MB) applied to a parent folder and a quota of 200 MB applied separately to each of its subfolders. If the parent folder has a total of 50 MB of data stored in it (the sum of the data stored in its subfolders), each of the subfolders will list only 50 MB of available space.

Under Quota Management, click Quotas. In the Results pane, select the quota entry that you are troubleshooting. In the Actions pane, click View Quotas Affecting Folder, and then look for quotas that are applied to the parent folders. This will allow you to identify which parent folder quotas have a lower storage limit setting than the quota you have selected.

dfwood
Level 4
Hi Tony,

We don't use the Quota's within FSRM but we do use the File Screen functionality.

Regards,

Dan

TonySterling
Hmm...I have not seen EV FSA Agent cause that issue.

Are there events in the Application log when this occurs? 

dfwood
Level 4

I can't find anything other than the normal errors you would expect from EV when the Placeholder Service can't access an archived file.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Do you need any more assistance with this?
If a post solved your problem, can you mark that as the Solution?

Thanks & Regards
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.