Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silent upgrade of EV client while outlook is open

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi all,

I have a client where we need to upgrade many clients using SCCM.

the issue is that when users outlook is open the installation prompts in popup window the ignore\cancel\retry option, but I need it to use the ignore option silently without prompting to the user.

any ideas?

Thanks,

Sarah.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

what switches are you using?

you could try /qn with the script.  qn is supposed to to prevent any user interface I believe.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

TonySterling

what switches are you using?

you could try /qn with the script.  qn is supposed to to prevent any user interface I believe.

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

will report tomorrow :)

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

that did the job!

Sarah

Gloria_Goode
Level 2

We are about to deploy the 8.04 EV client to prepare for 8.04 to 9.02 EV upgrade.  We are also using SCCM.  In testing, push calls for a reboot of the user's PC - some without notice.  I don't know if deployment team is using correct script.  Is there a switch we can use to suppress the reboot?

TonySterling

Hey Gloria,

They should probably use a /nostart or REBOOT=ReallySuppress.  One thing though, endusers will probably experience some issues until the reboot occurs.

Can they have it occur as part of a logout?  That way the end users won't be affected.

Tony

Gloria_Goode
Level 2

Hi, Tony.  I asked if they could add it to our login script, but I was informed that they are trying to get rid of it.  I'll pass this info on to them and have them test.  Will let you know.  Thanks.

TonySterling

moved to new thread:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/we-are-about-deploy#comment-6321181