cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single mailbox archiving task randomly stopping after a minute...

belnetsolutions
Level 3

Hello, we have EV 10.0 with Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2007 currently running in our environment.  We currently have 5 mailboxes enabled in EV and are able to run the Exchange Mailbox Archiving task.  However, we are having a strange issue with just 1 of the mailboxes not running correctly.

For some reason, 4 out of the 5 mailboxes seem to be running / completed already from the task; however the 1 mailbox (Ian) seems to automatcially stop after just running for a couple of minutes.  We tried a number of things, including checking permission, reinstalling EV client onto Outlook, re-enabling mailbox in EV, etc and tried re-running the task on Ian's mailbox alone; however same issue as always...runs for a couple of minutes, archives some emails, then just stops.  We also verified that the items in his inbox are all marked as read already and are setup identical to the 4 other mailboxes.  Anyone have any ideas how to further troubleshoot the archiving task to just this one mailbox?? Thanks in advance...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

belnetsolutions
Level 3

actually i think i was able to fix it and get it working now.  His outlook was having errors here and there, so decided to uninstall / reinstall it accordingly. Then reran task on just his mailbox and it looks to be archiving everything successfully now.  Thanks for all the suggestions

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Have you :

Tried running in 'Report Mode' to see what should be getting archived?

Ran a DTRACE of ArchiveTask to see if that gives any clues?

What version of Outlook do you have on Enterprise Vault Server?  Is it 2007 SP 3?

Working for cloudficient.com

Jeff_Shotton
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

take a dtrace of the archivetask whilst doing a run now against the archive in question.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO65633

Once you have a failure, look through it for EV~E and other generic error terms to see what you find (or post it here).

Regards,

Jeff

Jeff_Shotton
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

is it possible that the number of messages per pass is set rather low? Archiving a mailbox for a couple of minutes is not actually abnormal. ?

belnetsolutions
Level 3

actually i think i was able to fix it and get it working now.  His outlook was having errors here and there, so decided to uninstall / reinstall it accordingly. Then reran task on just his mailbox and it looks to be archiving everything successfully now.  Thanks for all the suggestions