Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single mailbox events 3007, 2244, 2270

Jaap_de_Koning
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with one of our EV users which is baffling me. All my archiving tasks are running fine, mail is being properly archived- except for one user.

For this one user I keep getting events 3007, 2244 and 2270 for a number of items; mostly calendar items for what I can see.

Here is a cut/paste of the events:

Event 3007:

Could not build a saveset for the message titled Fwd: Update WinCarSMS van versie 3.2.028 naar 3.2.036 in Mailbox /o=XXXX/ou=XXXXXX/cn=RECIPIENTS/cn=affecteduser, function CArchivingAgent::PI_BuildSaveset failed

Error returned = 0x80040107

Event 2244:

An error occurred whilst processing the message titled: Fwd: Update WinCarSMS van versie 3.2.028 naar 3.2.036 for mailbox: /o=XXXX/ou=XXXXXX/cn=RECIPIENTS/cn=affecteduser, the message will not be archived and could not be changed back from the Archive Pending state.

And finally event 2270:

A queued operation exceeded the retry count and has been discarded

m_pIBackgroundArchivingAgent->ProcessItemEx(Priority = "true",

ExchangeSystem = "ExchangServerName",

m_pILocation,

(ULONG)EntryIdSize = 70,

EntryId,

VaultId = "1854516D0EE81DF45A666AABF72D446831110000evserver1",

ArchiveId = "12243C11A2203A14A8653C8F50F5C55EC1110000evserver1",

RetentionCategory = "10307E9B25CD3344395434CCC8281868A1b10000evserver1",

UserMailboxDn = "/o=XXXX/ou=XXXXXXX/cn=RECIPIENTS/cn=affecteduser",

MessageTitle = "Fwd: Update WinCarSMS van versie 3.2.028 naar 3.2.036",

nRetryCount = 3,

NULL,

CallerSID,

isAReArchive = 1, ArchiveTransId = "60F76825E0F91297A3D488EA52C3FFE1", IndexedPropertiesSet = "");

HRESULT: 0x80040107

These three events return for almost all mail in the mailbox, and the a2 queue on the server is loading up to 1000 entries.

Now, I've done some google research and browsed the forums. So I found out about the RecipientMax setting - no success. I've tried moving the mailbox to another Exchange server - no effect. I've even zapped the user, no effect.

does anyone have a clue for me?

thanks!

Jaap

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_Warren
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Based on the MAPI error returned in the 3007, it suggests that there may be an issue with the local OST or the mailbox itself, which could make sense why it is only affecting 1 user during manual archival requests.

Here are a few things I found on that error:

http://support.hostworks.com/KB/a33/0x80040107-error-when-sendingreceiving-email-outlook.aspx

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/microsoft-exchange-server-reported-error-0x80040107-send-t864919.html

I would try clearing the A2 queue, rebuilding the OST and try manual archiving an item.

Otherwise, it MAY be necessary to rebuild the mailbox from scratch (rather than moving it to another Exchange).

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Could you grab a Dtrace of the ArchiveTask whilst you do a run now against that mailbox?

Also, what can you tell us about the message "Fwd: Update WinCarSMS van versie 3.2.028 naar 3.2.036"?

Like number of attachments, size, language, etc.?

Chris_Warren
Level 5

Based on the MAPI error returned in the 3007, it suggests that there may be an issue with the local OST or the mailbox itself, which could make sense why it is only affecting 1 user during manual archival requests.

Here are a few things I found on that error:

http://support.hostworks.com/KB/a33/0x80040107-error-when-sendingreceiving-email-outlook.aspx

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/microsoft-exchange-server-reported-error-0x80040107-send-t864919.html

I would try clearing the A2 queue, rebuilding the OST and try manual archiving an item.

Otherwise, it MAY be necessary to rebuild the mailbox from scratch (rather than moving it to another Exchange).

Hope this helps.

Jaap_de_Koning
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Tony,

See the attached Dtrace.

The message itself is one of the many - there are calendar appointments in the failing items, normal e-mails, even simple e-mails mailed to himself.

I'm baffled by this one.

Jaap_de_Koning
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Chris,

I've tried emptying the A2 queue - it just fills up again with the next 1000 messages. I also tried to use the /resetfolder option in Outlook, to no avail.

I'll await an answer from Tony, otherwise I'll probably indeed have to rebuild the mailbox from scratch.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Unfortunately your dtrace is full of buffer overruns so not as helpful as I had hoped.   You might want to contact Symantec Support to take a look.

Chris_Warren
Level 5

During this Run now, I can confirm the following:

a. Connected to that mailbox. 

b. Scanned that mailbox to determine what items are or are not eligible.

c. Was able to process items to storage.

d. Was able to post process items to storage.

Granted, there were a large number of buffer overflows, but I didn't see any of the errors referenced above.

- Did you see any of these errors during the Run Now?

(This may be strictly a client/outlook issue with manual archive requests)

If you didn't and it is strictly a manual archive issue, it would be best to have a dtrace of archivetask while they are manually archiving.

Hope this helps.

Jaap_de_Koning
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Chris,

I've done some further research and am getting closer to just recreating the mailbox.

What I've done so far:

- Tried manually archiving. This works for some items but not for all. Really weird.

- Using DocMessageClass I've tried to reset the message class of the items that were failing. When I tried archiving them again they immediately reverted back to Archive Pending with the same errors.

- Tried moving the mailbox to a different server (maybe some Exchange errors).

I'll try to run the Dtrace later today.

Jaap_de_Koning
Level 4
Partner Accredited

We've recreated the mailbox - in hindsight it showed that the mailbox has been causing issues also on the Exchange part. Something about the mailbox being visible in two different storage groups.

After exporting the mailbox to a PST, recreating the mailbox and importing archiving works like a charm.