cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Size limit for Vault Cache also applies to VV only header?

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I assume the answer is yes, but I want to check to be sure.

When you set the size for the Vault Cache (either x% free space or an x amount of MB's), does this also apply when you select to only download the header information? (ie 'do not store any items in cache')

Reason for asking is that we only enable Virtual Vault with the 'header only', and no OST. We see some users having a cache size of over 500 mb (due to large archives, and (most likely) shortcut=message body), and I'd like to know if this limit also applies to building the VV. Can I state that VV is an 'tool' that uses VC to display VV, and hence the setting does apply to constructing the VV?

Thx.

Gertjan

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Maverik
Level 6

Can I state that VV is an 'tool' that uses VC to display VV, and hence the setting does apply to constructing the VV?

Yes is the answer as far as I am ware.  VV is a representation of VC, hence you need VC for VV.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Maverik
Level 6

Can I state that VV is an 'tool' that uses VC to display VV, and hence the setting does apply to constructing the VV?

Yes is the answer as far as I am ware.  VV is a representation of VC, hence you need VC for VV.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Thanks Don.

Gertjan

Regards. Gertjan

Maverik
Level 6

Hi Gertjan,

Do you need any more help with this? If not can you mark as solved ;)

Cheers,

julianrv
Level 3
Certified

Technically speaking Virtual Vault is a MAPI Store Provider connecting Outlook to the the Vault Cache MAPI Store.