cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Size of archiving from Exchange 2007

jantonio_moraga
Level 3
Hello to all, If the size of a file in the servant of Microsoft Exchange occupies 1 Gb and has filed 900 Mb in Vault, why in Exchange 2007 it continues maintaining his only 100 original size of 1Gb and do not show mb? I do report and it marks to me that of that user it has stored 1 Gb. I go to Exchange, I give Properties of that same mailbox and its size has not descended. why? I use Enterprise 8.0.1 Vault and Exchange 2007 sp1 Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Are you using safty copies? if so the size will only go down once you backup Enterprise Vault.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Are you using safty copies? if so the size will only go down once you backup Enterprise Vault.

jantonio_moraga
Level 3
No ... But today I see at EV's Event Viewer the following message:
"

The SQL database for Vault Store 'Vault440Gb' has not been backed up for 73 days. The information in this database is at risk until the database has been backed up.

Review your SQL database backup procedures and make any changes needed to ensure that backups happen in a timely fashion. "

Thank you. 

Today I will make backup and I will see the result.
Thank you very much

jantonio_moraga
Level 3
Hello.

How i make this safety copies?  I backed up the SQL Database of Enterprise Vault with the Maintenance Tools of SQL and not minimized the size of mailboxes ... What I am doing badly?

Thank you very much

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You must back up the vault store partition.   What is your storage device for the Vault Store?  NTFS, Centera, NetApp, etc...

jantonio_moraga
Level 3
My storage device for the vault store is NTFS ... As I run the backup using Symantec Netbackup? I suppose a normal backup NTFS file ... Right?

Thanks

JB22
Level 5
Make sure the archive bit is cleared when doing a backup.
If this is not the case you can use a trigger file.

jantonio_moraga
Level 3
Thanks. So I'll try and comment how it went.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
You could always use the attrib -a command.  Please let us know how this went.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
jantoni,

Do you still need assistance with this?