cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Size of items reported in EV SQL server

RavishankarN22
Level 2

I'm running a query on the EV SQL to collect the size of items in the archived. I'm getting a result (say 2000GB) which is different from the size reported by EV reporting (say 3400 GB). Any idea why this is? and is the size reported by my query accurate?

Please help.

Ravi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

FreKac2
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

As far as I remember the usage.asp report is with compression but without single instance storage.

So it's the compressed size but not taking into account SIS.

So it's not entirely accurate depending on the amount of SIS.

I believe the SSRS reports take SIS into account (at least the SIS reports).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JesusWept3
Level 6
What are you using to get the number? Orgininal size? Item size? Also what are you using for the reports? Usage orthe SSRS reports?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

RavishankarN22
Level 2

I'm using a script that queries the size of the archived items. im using the usage reports to get the data from the EV. The result of both seem to be different. Is it possible that the script i'm running is reporting a compressed size of the items instead of the original size?

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

can you post the script you are using?

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Try this for uncompressed Vault Store Size:

SELECT COUNT(*) AS 'Number of Items', MIN(ArchivedDate) as 'Date From', MAX (ArchivedDate) AS 'Date to', SUM(ItemSize)/1024 AS 'Saveset Size (MB)', SUM(OriginalSize)/1024/1024 AS 'Orignal Size (MB)'

FROM Saveset INNER JOIN SavesetProperty ON Saveset.SavesetIdentity = SavesetProperty.SavesetIdentity WHERE ArchivedDate >'2018-03-04 22:00'

AND ArchivedDate < '1999-03-05 6:00'

If you have many databases to query you can use the USE command in SQL to specify each of the databases

USE database 2

SELECT COUNT(*) AS 'Number of Items', MIN(ArchivedDate) as 'Date From', MAX (ArchivedDate) AS 'Date to', SUM(ItemSize)/1024 AS 'Saveset Size (MB)', SUM(OriginalSize)/1024/1024 AS 'Orignal Size (MB)'

FROM Saveset INNER JOIN SavesetProperty ON Saveset.SavesetIdentity = SavesetProperty.SavesetIdentity WHERE ArchivedDate >'2018-03-04 22:00'

UNION

USE database 2

FreKac2
Level 6

As far as I remember the usage.asp report is with compression but without single instance storage.

So it's the compressed size but not taking into account SIS.

So it's not entirely accurate depending on the amount of SIS.

I believe the SSRS reports take SIS into account (at least the SIS reports).