cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Backups on Vaultstore

shafty
Level 4

Hi guys,

I am using the Enterprise Vault agent (7.0.1) to backup my EV site which is running 9.0.2. All other EV components are getting backed up with normal throughputs. My vault store is residing on a CIFS share on a DataDomain appliance and is currently 10GB in size with 98000 dvs files. It is taking 2 hours to backup the open partition with a throughtput of 2100kb\sec. Is this normal or as anyone experience this before? I have not enabled collections on the vault store as it reduces deduplication.

As anyone enabled collections on a partition residing on a DD applaince and if so did you notice a signficant reduction in your backup window?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Not sure what you mean about collections interfering with deduplication, are you refering to Single Instance by EV or deduplication by Data Domain?  With EV you can collect files after one day if you want and it will not interfere with OSIS. (Optimized Single Instance Storage)

That said, 2 hours for 10 GB is horrible!  I couldn't imagine how that would be normal and I would sort that out instead of trying to band-aid with collections.  You might want to ping the NBU forum for some pointers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling

Not sure what you mean about collections interfering with deduplication, are you refering to Single Instance by EV or deduplication by Data Domain?  With EV you can collect files after one day if you want and it will not interfere with OSIS. (Optimized Single Instance Storage)

That said, 2 hours for 10 GB is horrible!  I couldn't imagine how that would be normal and I would sort that out instead of trying to band-aid with collections.  You might want to ping the NBU forum for some pointers.

shafty
Level 4

Hi Tony,

I mean if you enable collections on EV it will remove deduplication at the datadomain level so the documents tell me.

Regards

Paul.

TonySterling

Yes, that is the case.  I just wanted to verify that is what you meant...