Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snaplock partition with EV exchange mailbox archive

Kingkcube
Level 3
Certified

Hi All,

Scenario:

We setup EV10 for exchange archive with NetApp snaplock, we set the retention on the volume is infinite and EV retention is 3 years,.After mailbox archive, the archive mail can still delete from on Inbox, Could anybody know what the problem is?  

Thanks

Kingkcube

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

When you say it can be deleted from the mailbox are you just deleting the shortcut or are you getting a prompt to delete the shortcut or delete the archived item? If you are not getting the delete from archive option then all you are doing is deleting the shortcut from the mailbox and the archived copy of the item will still be in the user's archive. You can check this using search to find the item you deleted

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

When you say it can be deleted from the mailbox are you just deleting the shortcut or are you getting a prompt to delete the shortcut or delete the archived item? If you are not getting the delete from archive option then all you are doing is deleting the shortcut from the mailbox and the archived copy of the item will still be in the user's archive. You can check this using search to find the item you deleted

Percy_Vere
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I think the issue here is that items can be deleted, i.e they are not being stamped with the retention period - Is that correct?

If so then EV honours the data storage retention of the storage device. This is a good technote although it's not  Centera that you have - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH78150

Kingkcube
Level 3
Certified

Thank all reply, i will check all the configuration you saying above.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

just out of curiosity, what version of ontap are you running?