Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution to delete multiple archives at once

Fiona
Level 4
Certified

Hi guys,

EV 10.0.3 in my Test Lab.

I have "thousands" of users which were imported into our test environment previoulsy and I would like to clean this up.

Thousands of these archives in our vault are not associated with a User Account in AD and most of these are empty.

Is there a way of deleting multiple archives at once, rather than right clicking on each one and deleting?

Cheers Fi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fiona
Level 4
Certified

Okay after reviewing Tech Notes the only way to do it logically is the long way.

I need a "minion"!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

You have to delete it via SQL and make sure you take a backup before running any query as its not a recommended 

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH49804

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Fion,

Deleting the entries from SQL will only remove the entry from Vault Admin Console. It will never remove the metadata means the DVS file from Vault Store partition / Index Data. It will also never make free space on storage. Suppose you deleted the entries from SQL and from VAC it also gone but in future if you want to free space on storage that time you will never get anything to delete those entries becuase when you delete from VAC by right clicking it run some script and some SPs in background and delete all entries / metadata from storage.

Hence it is lengthy process to delete it from VAC but it's good way.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If testlab, can you not do a 'fresh install'? that might be the quickest way.

Regards. Gertjan

Fiona
Level 4
Certified

Thanks guys, will have a read and  let you know how I resolved later.

Fiona
Level 4
Certified

Okay after reviewing Tech Notes the only way to do it logically is the long way.

I need a "minion"!