cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Archived emails will not open

John_Huber
Level 4

We have a problem where some archived emails will not open in Outlook.  The problem emails do open up fine in Outlook Web Access.   I have tested it on WinXP/Outlook 2007 and Win7/Outlook 2010 with the same results.  Have put the PSTDisableGrow and PSTDisableGrowAllowAuthenticodeOverrides registry entries in place without change.  Ran maximum tracing on the EV client in Outlook, opening both the problem email and one that opens correctly and the logs were identical.  I enabled logging on Outlook without result. I have tried using client 902 and 903 HTTP only with no affect.   Below is the error.

---------------------------
Enterprise Vault
Could not show this item.
Try again. If it still fails, contact your Help Desk.

The item could not be downloaded. [OIOM]
OK   

Any Help will be appreciated

3 REPLIES 3

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi John, I assume you have seen this one: http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO37645

Also in the forum, search for OIOM. There are lots of entries. Most issues seem to be concerned with the registry key(s), GroupPolicies conflicting etc.

Posting the client-trace of the error occurring will help probably. Try to zip it, and attach to your post.

Regards. Gertjan

John_Huber
Level 4

Yes I have implemented that HowTo.  I will work on the trace.

Thanks

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

A client trace is definitely the way to go with this, as it will help confirm the registry keys are all a-okay.

Working for cloudficient.com