cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some users cannot start archiving

Tunco
Level 3

Hello,

I have  different issues about enterprise vault. We are using Enterprise Vault environment. Version is 10.0.4. And exchange version is  2007 Std. Mail archiving is successfully working, we have no problem about that. We are using Backupexec for backup and we have no problem about backups.

Eveything is great...

But ; Some user cannot start archiving persistently. When I look and check their outlok, I see clock Icon and getting messages like "Backups Waiting" bla bla etc... You know this is usual warning about backup. But, i'm already taking backup. I have not any problem about that. There is no problem at other users. But only 4 or many users cannot start archiving.

I disabled mailbox and enabled again. I checked credential and Internet Explorer advanced settings. It seems there is no any problem abot enterprise Vault settings.

Why some users cannot start archiving although other user could start ? What is the reason ? What's wrong ?

Where should I check ?

Thanks friends.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I would start by doing a client trace, and a server trace of the archiving task, at the same time.  Then do a manual archiving operation on:

a/ a user that works

b/ a user that doesn't work

Compare the results.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I would start by doing a client trace, and a server trace of the archiving task, at the same time.  Then do a manual archiving operation on:

a/ a user that works

b/ a user that doesn't work

Compare the results.

Tunco
Level 3

Hi Rob,

I dont understand what you mean. could you please explain more ?

Thanks.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

How to perform a client trace:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH187468

How to perform a DTrace

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH38122

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/dtrace-basics 

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Tunco,

I assum you are talking about manual archiving?

What is the quota (if any) on the mailboxes of the users not being able to archive? Are they perhaps over quota? EV needs space to change the mail from pending archiving to archived.

Is the archiving task for the exchange server where these users are on running?

Is the vaultstore where the archive for these users is in backupmode perhaps?

Is there sufficient diskspace available in the storepartition?

Are these mailboxes archiving according to schedule? Do these users HAVE an archive already? Can you do a 'run now' on the archiving task, target 1 user, see if that works. Do all users have the same policies?

Regards. Gertjan

Tunco
Level 3

I performed dtrace but coul not find any useful information about issue.

Tunco
Level 3

Hi Gerjana,

Answers of your questions ;

Quota is eough for starting archive proccess, I checked it. 

Exchange archive task is running.. Other users are already archived everyday.

I cleared backup mode on Vaultstore. Already backupexec should clear backup mode after backup fnished.

we have very big size partition for vault store.

Archiving is starting according to schedule. Already this user have archived before. Previously many mail has been archived already.

Thanks