cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps and caveats when upgrading EV v10.0.4 to 11 CHF 3 ?

John_Santana
Level 6

People,

I'm currently running EV v10.0.4R1 and want to upgrade it to the latest version 11.0.3 so I wonder what steps and caveats that I need to be aware of ?

The server is already on Windows Server 2012 R2 64 bit.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

hi john. since you've done a lot of upgrades in the past (to get to where you are with EV10.0.4, i dont think there's anything in particular to look out for when going from 10 to 11. be sure to read up on the new features of 11 in case you plan to implement them later.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi John,

There are some new paths to define in Antivirus exclusions, you need a location for the new feature 'storagequeue', and .net4.5.2

AV exclusions: http://www.veritas.com/docs/000032085

The Storagequeue will be created underneath the current Cache location as defined on the server-properties in the VAC.

Regards. Gertjan

John_Santana
Level 6

ok, I'll read: https://origin-download.veritas.com/library/BUSINESS/DOC7414/EV%2011.0.1%20-%20Upgrade_Instructions.pdf

from Chapter 5 onwards, from memory it was just click on next-next-finish (NNF).

John_Santana
Level 6

@AndrewB,

I can't remember the steps since it was done by my other team member.

However tomorrow I'll be doing the upgrade of the EV server v10.0.4 to the latest EV v11.0.4, so do I just execute the Wizard and then click on Next-Next-Finish ?

Is there any caveats to consider ?

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

You may want to consider that your SQL databases will grow.

Check the EV prerequisites, as there might be components that aren't supported anymore.

If you want to have the new search function, you might want to activate it after the upgrade since it will not automatically be activated when you update from ev 10 to ev 11.

You want to do a backup right before and right after the upgrade.

Keep in mind that you stop any EV-service while you are updating.

Vaults and Indexing should be put in Backupmode. You can remove the backupmode when the Update is completed.

The Upgrade is mostly Next>> Next