cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to do before Enterprise Vault change IP address ?

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi Folks,

Is there any steps that I need to stop or set before I change the IP address on the Vault server ?

as for the FSA and Outlook client & Exchange agent, I believe that all is working fine as long as DNS is resolving the existing EV name into the new IP address.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

yeah just make sure that the site alias and the ev server aliases are pointing to actual EV Server names and not the ip address, you'll be OK just as long as the server can automatically update the DNS server with its new ip address.

would recommend stopping EV, change the IP Adress, run ipconfig /flushdns
ping the site alias, the ev server alias and the evserver name, making sure that the right ip address comes back, after that, just start the EV Servers and you should be absolutely fine.

The only issues you may have are from clients that have the DNS cached and you end up getting a bunch of RPC Server Unavailable on the client machines, but that really shouldn't be an issue

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

yeah just make sure that the site alias and the ev server aliases are pointing to actual EV Server names and not the ip address, you'll be OK just as long as the server can automatically update the DNS server with its new ip address.

would recommend stopping EV, change the IP Adress, run ipconfig /flushdns
ping the site alias, the ev server alias and the evserver name, making sure that the right ip address comes back, after that, just start the EV Servers and you should be absolutely fine.

The only issues you may have are from clients that have the DNS cached and you end up getting a bunch of RPC Server Unavailable on the client machines, but that really shouldn't be an issue

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

John_Santana
Level 6

Cool, many thanks for the quick clarification !

I wil stop the EV service before the IP address change.