cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Expiry - 6470 and 6605 event

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all

We're trying to get Storage Expiry to work. We currently have 1 archive enabled for expiry. Data on Centera, Indexes on W2012, SQL2012 on W2012. Specs for W+SQL are above minimum. 

Whenever expiry runs (according to schedule), as soon as it is performing it on the Vault Store having the 1 archive, I get 5 errors 6470 (Failed to open an interface to a COM component
Interface: IPersistentStorageContext), followed by 1 6605 (Failed to process all expired items in Vault. Catastrophic failure (0x8000ffff) (followed by archive name and Vault ID). 

This archive has items from October 2015, with a 2 year retention. Retention class on Centera is also 2 years. Event 7085 indicates NO deletions  performed. EMC has verified (frmo DTRACE) that mentioned clip-id's are available etc. 

We do have a case open, but not succesfull yet. 

Has anyone seen above two events before, and how did you solve these?

Thanks.

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

Hey mate, 

What version of EV?  Do you happen to have a bit of the Dtrace you can share?

TS

TonySterling

GertjanA

Hi Tony,

EV 12.3 (no MP's). I'll check on the DTRACE. I did find that old entry, and did check on the system. No compressed items there :)

Regards. Gertjan

GertjanA

It might be due to an issue in 12.3 (with the Centera SDK usage), which possibly is fixed in an MP. Due to storagemigration restarting, we'll upgrade after that finishes, then will recheck.

CFT-1255: StorageDelete process could log event 6651 when processing millions of items on Dell EMC Centera devices

Regards. Gertjan