cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Expiry Centera - Base on Modified or Archived Date?

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all,

We've enabled Storage Expiry finally.. Most items are on a Centera.

The first run shows little to no expiry. I found an forum posting where someone advises that if Centera is used, expiry needs to be based on Archived Date, not Modified Date. Can someone confirm?

Thanks.

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA

I have run a Storage Expiry in Report Mode. That shows over 1 million items with a 2 year retention that would be deleted. There are numerous events in the eventlog showing issues. A support case is being opened....

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Prone2Typos
I do not think it matters unless you have governance mode set and a lack of ability to do privileged deletes. IMHO the big to do here is if the retention was set at the point of archiving and deletions prohibited until that retention is hit. The criteria used to determine what should be deleted should be storage independent IMO.

GertjanA

I have run a Storage Expiry in Report Mode. That shows over 1 million items with a 2 year retention that would be deleted. There are numerous events in the eventlog showing issues. A support case is being opened....

Regards. Gertjan

GertjanA

I am unable to figure out what is happening, a support case is opened. I do have a hunch, but will rely on Veritas to find and resolve...

Regards. Gertjan