cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Expiry for Centera Replicas

Pending_Shortcu
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Hey guys, seeing slow deletes from EV to a Centera Replica when running the Storage Expiry...takes like 15 seconds...is there any way for us to tell EV not to contact the replica?

EMC fixed an issue where deletes were not be replicated from the primary to the replica, so we don't need to delete in both places. Its taking way to long to hear back from the replica...did a dtrace on a bunch of Storage processes to see this is where the bottleneck is.

EV v5 SP4. Even if the replica address in the VAC GUI is clear or set to a bogus address, it looks like the storage expiry processes still get the replica address from the primary Centera, and ignore what's in SQL.

Seeing about 20 items deleted in 5 minutes...WAY too slow for this customer...any advice?

Thanks,

Dan
4 REPLIES 4

Joe_Kvidera
Level 3
Partner
Hey Dan,

Been awhile, hope things are going good for you.

What versoin of CentraStar are they running on their centera's? We've seen this at a couple of clients and having the lastest centera code actually seemed to help with this.

Pending_Shortcu
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Hey Joe, good to hear from you...thanks for the quick response. I see you haven't frozen to death out in Minneapolis yet... :) I was just out there in Aug for a wedding. Weather was quite nice then.

Their Centera version I got from Centera Verify was 2.2.2.338-3352 Which looks like 2.2 SP2 for CentraStar. So you've seen an improvement with deleting from the replica Centera with the upgrade?

Dan

Joe_Kvidera
Level 3
Partner
Yeah the 3.x version seems to have many fixes in it. They've added a lot in regards to disk repairs/fixes and should help with the expiry issues as well.

We're digging out of 6+ inches of snow today and its suppose to keep snowing through Friday. :)

Joe

Pending_Shortcu
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Nice, thanks for the heads up. Did you run into any situations that required a certain version of EV as well as the Centera upgrade? Customer is running v5 SP4 and I don't want to push an upgrade if its not necessary.

I was wondering who was keeping the snowblower industry afloat...its just cold here, no pretty snow. Ugh. You mass marketing that tasty jerky yet?