cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Expiry not expiring all items

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all,

EV11.0.1 CHF5. I have an 'old' environment in which Storage Expiry is enabled. The retention category is 5 years. The youngest items is from 5-12-2013 (December 5th 2013). Storage Expiry has deleted almost all items, except for 607.

I have verified there are no Discovery cases with Legal holds. I have verified settings in EV (allow deletion etc). This is for 1 Journal Archive. All other items in this archive have been removed without issues. There are no events on the EV server indicating an issue with expiry, simply 'no items to expire'. I ran expiry both on modified and archived date, no luck.

There are a few 'closed' DA cases, could these block the deletion? I ran a search (using search.asp), and all those 607 items are from 2013 and before. I am leaning to these items not having a retention category, or perhaps have a (no longer existing) retention category assigned.

Anyone seen this behavior? Any idea what can be checked/changed to fix this?

Thanks!

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA

Further research gave me this document:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100021961.html

Running the queries, it turned out that there is a customer database which is NOT in the DA EVBAADMIN page. this most likely is due to the migration of this environment to the central location a few years back. Question now is what version that database is....

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

GertjanA

Further research gave me this document:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100021961.html

Running the queries, it turned out that there is a customer database which is NOT in the DA EVBAADMIN page. this most likely is due to the migration of this environment to the central location a few years back. Question now is what version that database is....

Regards. Gertjan