cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Outlook Anywhere authentication problem

JayScovill
Level 4

When I launch Outlook using Outlook Anywhere I'm prompted for inital credentials.  After Outlook is loaded and I click on an archived email in the Virtual Vault I am not prompted for my credentials again as I should be.  Instead only part of my archived email is displayed in the preview payne with the message "Enterprise Vault is unable to retrieve the archived item."

However, if I click on Archive Explorer and authenticate through the ISA server I can then access my emails in the Virtual Vault.

Also, if I click on Search Archives button, even if I don't authenticate  I am then prompted to authenticate after clicking on emails in the Virtual Vault and can access my emails.

And just to make things stranger, once I have clicked on the Search Archive button, whether I authenticate or not,  the toolbar in Outlook is no longer responsive.  I cannot click on any buttons in the Outlook toolbar and I have to kill Outlook off through the task manager because the close button doesn't respond.

So far I have only confirmed the authentication issue with one client.  Another client gets prompted for authentication as exprected.  However the problem with the Oulook toolbar becoming unresponsive happens on multiple clients.
2 REPLIES 2

JayScovill
Level 4

Ok, I've solved the issue of no authentication when clicking on an email in the Virtual Vault.  I noticed that when clicking on Search Archive or Archive Explorer I was getting a prompt about the certificate for the ISA server not having a revocation list.  This was interfering with the authentication process for Virtual Vault.  Once I disabled that warning in IE - Advance it fixed the problem with no authentication box popping up for Virutal Vault.

But I am still having the problem that once I've access an email through Virtual Vault or Search Archive/Archive Explorer the Outlook toolbar is no longer responsive.  None of the drop-down menus work, either.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
hey, with all the client side fixes, download EV8 SP4 and try the new client and see if the issue still exists there
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146