cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on installing EVOM.

tfoster
Level 4

I've installed EVOM, I have the app pool assigned to my monitoring account. I've ran the web app config that assigns the group/permissions. It's enabled on the site config.

When I go to deploy my reports I get this message

"Warning: Enterprise Vault Operatrion Manager(EVOM) DataBase is not configured on this server (dbserver). The reports related to this feature will not be deployed. Please configure EVOM."

When I browse to http://vaultfqdn/monitoringwebapp/default.aspx and sign in, I'm greeted with

"Monitoring is not enabled for this site."

It's checked off on the site, it's configured using the tool, the account has the correct IIS_iusrs/IIS_WPG group.. what am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I believe engaging support would be best. They can give you a hands on look.

Best,
Tony

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling

Can you verify this is the process you went through?

Running the Enterprise Vault Operations Manager Configuration utility

Run the Operations Manager Configuration utility to configure the Operations Manager for the first time or to update the configuration, for example to change the details of the monitoring user account.

To run the Enterprise Vault Operations Manager Configuration utility

1. Ensure you are logged in under the Vault Service account.

2. Start the Operations Manager Configuration utility.

3. Provide the details of the monitoring user account you have created for Operations Manager to run under.

Enter the Active Directory domain, the user name, and the password for the monitoring user account.

4. Click Configure to run the utility.

The utility gives the account the required permissions, and adds the user to the Enterprise Vault Directory database as the monitoring user.

5. When the utility has finished, click OK on the displayed dialog to quit the utility.

Note: 

If you ran this utility to update the details of the monitoring user account, remember to rerun the utility on any other Enterprise Vault server with Operations Manager installed.

tfoster
Level 4

Yep, that's the webapp tool I referenced.. A popup appears mentioning it'll be adding adding to the IIS_iusrs group and some other permissions, but oddly when I'm reading this article,

http://clientui-kb.symantec.com/resources/sites/BUSINESS/content/live/TECHNICAL_SOLUTION/49000/TECH4...

It's saying the account needs to be part of IIS_WPG. That group wasn't even there.. I had to manually create it. It's on page 8..says that IIS_WPG needs read/write to the Logs folder and that the monitoring account needs to be in that group.

TonySterling

So are you all set now or are you still seeing the message it isn't configured?

tfoster
Level 4

Still seeing that it's not configured.

I've ran that tool a bunch of times, no changes. If I right click on my site name, go to Propeties, Monitoring tab, the check to "Enable monitoring on this site" is checked.

It's in the proper groups, and that group has read/write permissions to the Logs folder. Just for kicks and giggles I made it an sa on the databases.

The other things I've done were put NTLM above Negotiate in the provider order for the OM website. I've changed the identity of the app pool to be the monitoring account instead of LocalSystem.

tfoster
Level 4

I'm wondering if I should send in a ticket to Symantec on this? I'm pretty much stuck at this point. :)

TonySterling

I believe engaging support would be best. They can give you a hands on look.

Best,
Tony